Gilroy Santa Maria College boasts a well-appointed library with extensive reference and audio visual resources. The Library provides students and staff with:
- A quiet and comfortable area in which to read, work and learn.
- A variety of resources to support the leisure and learning activities of the school.
- Professional assistance in using the Library, its equipment and resources.
Students and staff have access to current information and equipment through a variety of media:
- Print - fiction and non-fiction books, newspapers, magazines.
- Audio-visual - DVDs, videos, charts, posters, CDs, tapes.
- Electronic - Databases, software, internet, on-line library database.
- Equipment - computers, scanner, photocopier, CD players, digital cameras, digital video cameras.
- Textbooks - individual and class texts.
Opening Times (Term Time) - Monday to Friday 8.00am - 3.15pm
During school time, the Library is used by staff and students for class related activities. During lunch times the Library may be used for borrowing, reading, study, research or to complete class assignments. After school, the Library is used (Monday to Wednesday from 3.15pm to 4.15pm) for our Learning Assistance Program, where teachers voluntarily help students with additional assistance as required. There is no fee charged for this service.